« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Northwest San Juan Mountains-Southwest San Juan Mountains-
329 AM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Storm Warning for heavy and blowing snow, which is in
effect from midnight tonight to 9 AM MDT Saturday.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Telluride, Ouray, Lake City, Silverton,
Rico, and Hesperus.
* TIMING...Scattered rain and snow showers will develop Thursday
afternoon with rain changing to all snow Thursday night and
increasing in coverage. The snow will continue off an on
through Friday night, before ending Saturday morning.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 to 12 inches with locally greater amounts
up to 18 inches possible over the higher terrain.
* SNOW LEVEL...7,000 to 8,000 feet greatest snow amounts are
expected above 8,500 feet elevation.
* WINDS...Southeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* IMPACTS...The heavy snow will make many roads impassable and
may produce widespread power outages due to the weight of the
snow on tree limbs and power lines.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.