« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Bridgeport and Mammoth Lakes
309 PM PST Tue Feb 21 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST
* Timing: Bands of snow will continue through tonight with the
heaviest snow expected today. Snow may rapidly vary in
intensity over short distances.
* Additional Snow Accumulations: Above 6500 feet...5 to 12 inches
mainly west of Highway 395, with locally up to 18 inches
possible in areas where heavy snow bands persist near the Sierra
Crest. Below 6500 feet...up to 6 inches.
* Winds: Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Sierra
ridge gusts up to 120 mph.
* Snow Levels: Near 6000 feet...falling to 5000 feet tonight.
* Impacts: Bands of heavy snow could produce rapid drops in
visibility with snowfall rates up to 2 inches per hour at
times, producing dangerous whiteout conditions especially
over the passes and in the backcountry.
Avoid travel through tonight, you could be stuck in your vehicle
for many hours. If you must travel, prepare for long delays and
carry an emergency kit with extra food, water and clothing. If
you stay home, have a backup plan in case of power outages.