« View county listWind Advisory
Northern Sacramento Valley-Central Sacramento Valley-
Southern Sacramento Valley-Carquinez Strait and Delta-
Northern San Joaquin Valley-Northeast Foothills/Sacramento Valley-
Motherlode-Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
Including the cities of Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville,
Marysville/Yuba City, Sacramento, Fairfield/Suisun, Stockton,
Modesto, Paradise, Grass Valley, Jackson, Chester, and Quincy
129 PM PDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 7 PM PDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 9 AM to 7 PM PDT Friday.
* TIMING...Winds will increase Friday morning and continue through
* WINDS...South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* IMPACTS...Local downed trees and limbs, blowing debris, and local
power outages possible.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Interact with us via social media
$$Winter Storm Warning
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
Including the cities of Chester and Quincy
205 PM PDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 AM
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for snow, which is in effect from 11 PM this
evening to 5 AM PDT Saturday.
* TIMING...Snowfall begining late this evening and lasting
through Saturday morning.
* SNOW AMOUNTS...10 to 16 inches above 4500 feet with up to two
feet highest elevations.
* MAIN IMPACT...Heavy snow over the passes with chain controls and
travel delays likely.
* OTHER IMPACTS...Gusty winds up to 50 mph highest elevations
causing white-out conditions at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.