« View county listFire Weather Warning
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-AZ side-Lower Colorado River Valley-
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-NV side-
1219 PM PDT Sat Oct 21 2017 /1219 PM MST Sat Oct 21 2017/
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT /6 PM MST/
THIS EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
101, 229, AND 466...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Arizona...Fire weather zone 101. In
California...Fire weather zone 229. In Nevada...Fire weather
* TIMING...Winds will increase out of the north and continue
through much of the day before decreasing late this evening.
* WIND...North 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum values 5 to 10 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave-Lake Mead National Recreation Area-
San Bernardino County-Upper Colorado River Valley-
Including Lake Havasu City, Desert Hills, Topock,
Bullhead City, Oatman, Mohave Valley, Needles, Hoover Dam,
239 AM PDT Sat Oct 21 2017 /239 AM MST Sat Oct 21 2017/
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT /6 PM MST/
* TIMING...Winds will increase by early Saturday morning, peak
late morning and into the early afternoon, then decrease
* WINDS...North winds 20 to 30 mph, gusting 30 to 40 mph.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds will create rough water conditions on
Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, and Lake Havasu. Waves could swamp
small craft. Areas of low visibility due to blowing dust will
A Lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.