« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Western Uinta Mountains-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
and Mirror Lake Highway
322 PM MST Mon Feb 20 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TUESDAY TO 11 AM
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 2 PM
Tuesday to 11 AM MST Wednesday.
* AFFECTED AREA...The Wasatch and western Uinta Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 to 10 inches.
* TIMING...A period of snow this evening will end overnight.
Heavier snow will develop late Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday
evening. This snow will taper off Wednesday morning.
* SNOW LEVELS...At or above 8000 feet Tuesday falling below 6000
feet Tuesday night.
* WINDS...Strong southwest winds gusting in excess of 50 mph along
ridges will continue through Tuesday before becoming westerly
and diminishing Tuesday night.
* IMPACTS...Winter driving conditions are expected on mountain
routes late Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday night, including
Parleys Canyon and Logan Summit. Occasional winter driving
conditions will continue into Wednesday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snow accumulations
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial