« View county listFire Weather Warning
608 PM CST Mon Feb 27 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 7 PM CST
TUESDAY FOR THE SOUTH PLAINS...ROLLING PLAINS AND THE FAR SOUTHERN
PANHANDLE FOR 20 FOOT WINDS OF 20 MPH OR MORE...RELATIVE
HUMIDITIES OF 15 PERCENT OR LESS AND A HIGH FIRE DANGER.....
* 20 Foot Winds...Southwest winds will increase to 25 to 35 mph
range with gusts to near 50 mph on the Caprock.
* Humidity...10 to 15 percent this afternoon, and again Tuesday.
* Impacts...Any fires that develop can spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is discouraged.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Monitor later forecasts for possible Red
$$High Wind Watch
Including the cities of Friona, Bovina, Farwell, Dimmitt, Hart,
Tulia, Silverton, Quitaque, Memphis, Muleshoe, Littlefield,
Olton, Plainview, Cedar Hill, Matador, Roaring Springs, Morton,
Levelland, Lubbock, Ralls, Crosbyton, Lorenzo, Denver City,
Plains, Brownfield, Tahoka, ODonnell, Graham, and Post
257 PM CST Mon Feb 27 2017
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH
* TIMING...Tuesday from 11 AM until 7 PM.
* WINDS...From the southwest at 35 to 45 mph with gusts to
around 60 mph.
* IMPACTS...Travel could become hazardous, especially for small
cars and large trucks. Lightweight outdoor objects could be
swept away if not secured. Blowing dust will reduce visibility,
especially near construction sites and open fields. Broken tree
limbs and downed utility lines also may result.
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or more may occur.