« View county listFlood Watch
South Central Oregon Coast-Curry County Coast-
Central Douglas County-Eastern Curry County and Josephine County-
Including the cities of Port Orford, Brookings, Harbor,
Gold Beach, and Cave Junction
1230 PM PST Mon Feb 20 2017
...FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* A portion of southwest Oregon, including Curry County, extreme
southern Coos County and western Josephine County. This includes
the Illinois Valley and Curry County Coast.
* Through 10 am PST Tuesday morning.
* The heaviest rain will occur along the south coast and Coast
Range. Rainfall rates of a quarter inch per hour are expected.
* Heavy rain combined with some snow melt in higher elevations
will cause rises in streams and rivers and may cause small
streams to flood.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
South Central Oregon Cascades-
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades-
Including the cities of Crater Lake and Diamond Lake
235 AM PST Mon Feb 20 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
10 PM PST TUESDAY ABOVE 4000 FEET...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for Snow...which is in effect from 10 PM this
evening to 10 PM PST Tuesday.
* Snow accumulations...4 to 8 inches and up to a foot around
Crater lake and Mount Ashland.
* Winds...Southwest winds increasing to 30 to 40 mph with gusts to
* Elevation...Snow levels will fall from 5000 feet this evening to
near 4000 feet Tuesday morning.
* Locations include...Highway 62 near Crater Lake, highway 230,
highway 58 at Willamette Pass, highway 138 at Diamond Lake
Summit, Siskiyou Summit, and Mount Ashland ski road.
* Impacts...Roads will become snow packed and slippery. I-5 at
Siskiyou Summit should be the least impacted with only 1-3
* View the hazard area in detail at
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.gov/Medford/Cams for latest road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.