« View county listWinter Storm Watch
South Central Oregon Coast-Curry County Coast-
Eastern Curry County and Josephine County-
Including the city of Cave Junction
353 AM PST Thu Feb 23 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM PST FRIDAY
MORNING THROUGH 10 AM PST SATURDAY MORNING...
* Snow accumulations...5 to 10 inches above 2000 feet. 2 to 5
inches between 1000 and 2000 feet.
* Elevation...Above 1500 feet, except above 1000 feet in the Illinois
* Timing...Snow showers could begin late Friday morning into the
afternoon. Snowfall rates are expected to become moderate to
heavy Friday evening through Friday night.
* Locations include...The Sexton Summit area on Interstate 5,
Highway 199 in the Illinois Valley, Selma, Cave Junction,
Obrien, Takilma, and much of the Coos and Curry County Coastal
* Impacts...Those traveling, working, or recreating in this area
during the watch period should expect significant snowfall that
will create slippery, snow covered roads, and reduce
visibilities to less than a half mile or less, at times, making
travel more difficult. Travel could become dangerous for those
who are not adequately prepared.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.