« View county listFire Weather Warning
Northwest Plateau-North Central Mountains-Northeast Highlands-
Northeast Plains-Northwest Highlands-Middle Rio Grande Valley-
Sandia...Manzano and Gallinas Mountains-East Central Plains-
West Central Highlands-
321 AM MDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO
9 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
* AREA AND TIMING...Much of northern and central New Mexico below
significant snowpack, beginning late this morning and
continuing into this evening before diminishing.
* 20 FOOT WINDS...Generally west 20 to 35 mph with gusts to near
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...5 to 10 percent below snowpack.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Red Flag Warning.
Chuska Mountains-West Central Plateau-West Central Mountains-
West Central Highlands-Southwest Mountains-
West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-Santa Fe Metro Area-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Lower Rio Grande Valley-Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-
South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
Far Northeast Highlands-Northeast Highlands-
437 PM MDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS EVENING...
* LOCATION...Sangre de Cristo, Sandia and Manzano Mountains;
Northeast and Far Northeast Highlands; Estancia Valley; South
Central Highlands; Middle and Lower Rio Grande Valley; Upper
Tularosa Valley; West Central Mountains, Highlands and Plateau;
Southwest Mountains and Chuska Mountains.
* WINDS...West and southwest at 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50
* TIMING...Strong winds will continue through the afternoon, then
weaken through early evening, except over mountain peaks where
strong winds will persist through tonight.
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced at times in dust prone locations.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will impact north-to-south
roads like I-25 . Light-weight and unsecured objects may
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.