« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-
326 PM MDT Tue Apr 25 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 AM MDT WEDNESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow, which is in effect
from 9 PM this evening to 6 AM MDT Wednesday. The Winter Storm
Watch is no longer in effect.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 to 4 inches with up to 6 inches possible
above 7500 feet along the Colorado line.
* TIMING...Late this evening through early Wednesday morning with
the heaviest snowfall between midnight to 6 am MDT Wednesday.
* WINDS...Initially north 20 to 25 mph becoming 10 to 15 mph by 6
am MDT Wednesday.
* SNOW LEVELS...Temperatures will drop during the evening and be
cold enough for snow at all locations by 9 pm MDT.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Interstate 25 north of Raton is likely to be
impacted by snow, blowing snow and reduced visibilities. A
flash freeze situation will be possible late tonight as the
wet and slushy roadways experience rapid cooling.
Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be restricted due to a combination of falling
and blowing snow.