« View county listFlood Warning
329 PM CDT MON SEP 1 2014
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WICHITA HAS EXTENDED THE
* FLOOD WARNING FOR...
RICE COUNTY IN CENTRAL KANSAS...
* UNTIL 1045 AM CDT TUESDAY
* AT 328 PM CDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS REPORTED THAT
EXCESSIVE RAINFALL WAS PRODUCING FLOODING ACROSS THE WARNED AREA.
AT 321 PM CDT...RICE COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT CONTINUES TO REPORT SOME
MAJOR COUNTY ROADS CLOSED DUE TO HIGH WATER. THE WATER WILL BE SLOW
TO DRAIN OFF OVERNIGHT.
EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE FLOODING OF SMALL
CREEKS AND STREAMS...COUNTRY ROADS...AS WELL AS FARMLAND ALONG THE
BANKS OF CREEKS AND STREAMS.
LAT...LON 3851 9848 3851 9793 3840 9792 3824 9792
613 AM CDT TUE SEP 2 2014
The National Weather Service in Wichita, KS has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Cow Creek Near Lyons.
* From this morning until late tonight.
* At 5:45 AM Tuesday the stage was 18.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Some flooding of low-lying areas and bottom
land agricultural areas occurs, especially along the right bank.
Possible flooding of county roads 6 miles southeast of Lyons may
take place on sections of 20th road and on 22nd Road.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
Location STG STG DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
Lyons 18.0 18.0 Tue 06 AM 17.0 12.1 7.0
LAT...LON 3842 9847 3811 9803 3819 9793 3851 9836