« View county listWind Advisory
Indian Wells Valley-Southeastern Kern County Desert-
Including the cities of Ridgecrest, Rosamond, California City,
Edwards AFB, and Mojave
142 PM PST Wed Feb 22 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM PST THURSDAY...
* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* TIMING...Winds increasing this afternoon. Strongest winds
occurring late afternoon into the evening hours then
decreasing during the night.
* IMPACTS..Downed trees and power lines as well as difficulty
driving. Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects
A Wind Advisory means that winds of at least 45 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Kern County Mountains-
Including the cities of Tehachapi and Lake Isabella
726 PM PST Wed Feb 22 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PST
* Snow levels lowering to 4000 feet this evening.
* Snow accumulations by Thursday morning will range from a
dusting to an inch at pass level and 2 to 5 inches above 5000
feet. Wet roads will become icy in spots as colder air moves
into the region later today and tonight.
* LOCATIONS...Frazier Park...Cuddy Valley...Bear Valley
Springs... Tehachapi...Lebec...Interstate 5 through Tejon
Pass...Highway 58 through Tehachapi Pass.
* WINDS...West northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* IMPACTS...Winter driving conditions...slick snow covered roads
and possible travel delays.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow and ice will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving.