« View county listFire Weather Warning
San Luis Valley Including Alamosa/Del Norte/Fort Garland/Saguache-
448 AM MDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM MDT
THIS EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONE 224...
* Affected Area...Fire Weather Zone 224.
* Winds...west 20 to 30 gusting to 40 mph.
* Relative Humidity...as low as 13 percent.
* Impacts...conditions will be favorable for the rapid ignition,
growth and spread of fires.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and dry fuels could lead
to extreme fire behavior.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Western Mosquito Range/East Lake County Above 11000 Ft-
Eastern Sawatch Mountains above 11000 Ft-
INCLUDING Climax and Bonanza
1213 PM MDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO 6 AM MDT TUESDAY...
* LOCATION...The eastern Sawatch and western Mosquito Mountains
above 11000 feet including Fremont and Monarch Passes.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...A weather system will move through the
central Colorado mountains tonight.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...3 to 6 inches with locally higher amounts
* WIND...Westerly 20 to 30 gusting to 40 mph resulting in areas
of blowing snow and poor visibilities.
* IMPACT...Travel will be hazardous due to blowing snow, poor
visibilities and icy or snow covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
the combination of snow and wind will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for poor visibilities and icy or snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.