« View county listWinter Storm Watch
Roan and Tavaputs Plateaus-Elkhead and Park Mountains-Flat Tops-
425 AM MST Tue Feb 21 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday evening
through Friday morning.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE THE CITIES OF...Rio Blanco...Columbine...
Hahns Peak...Toponas...Buford...Trappers Lake.
* TIMING...Scattered snow showers develop by Wednesday afternoon
and become more widespread Wednesday night and Thursday as
colder air sweeps in. Snow will be heavy at times on Thursday.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 to 16 inches possible with locally higher
amounts on west and northwest facing slopes.
* WINDS...West to northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* IMPACTS...Travel and outdoor recreation may be impacted.
Mountain roads and highways should be icy and snow packed with
areas of blowing and drifting snow reducing visibility to under
one mile at times.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.