« View county listWinter Storm Warning
La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Ft-
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft-
INCLUDING North Pass, Cumbres Pass, and Wolf Creek Pass
556 AM MST Tue Feb 28 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MST THIS
* LOCATION...The La Garita and eastern San Juan Mountains above
10000 feet...including Wolf Creek and Cumbres Passes.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...a storm system will track across the region
bringing snow through this afternoon.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...Additional accumulations of 3 to 6 inches.
* WIND...southwest at 15 to 30, gusting to 50 mph causing areas
of blowing snow and poor visibility. Winds shifting to west to
northwest 20 to 30 mph by this afternoon.
* IMPACT...travel will be hazardous due to heavy, blowing snow,
poor visibility and icy or snow covered roads. the heaviest
snow will occur mainly this morning.
This Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow and wind
will make travel dangerous. Postpone or reroute travel if
possible. If you must travel, carry winter survival gear such as
food, water, extra clothes, blankets, a flashlight, shovel, phone
and portable charger.