« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Carquinez Strait and Delta-
720 AM PST Tue Feb 21 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH DELTA THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of northern California...
including the following area...Carquinez Strait and Delta.
* Through Saturday morning
* River levels in the delta have been elevated due to flood flows
and reservoir releases from upstream rivers. Additional flood
flows from Don Pedro Reservior are expected to arrive in the
* Previously identified concern areas on local levees will see
increased river levels over the next week. As a precaution, San
Joaquin County officials and the National Weather Service are
encouraging local residents to be prepared to take action in the
event that levee conditions were to deteriorate.
A Flash Flood Watch associated with levees means that there are
conditions that could affect levee stability. If levee conditions
were to deteriorate into a failure, it could lead to flash
flooding and the rapid arrival of flood waters within the area
protected by the levee. People in the area of the Flash Flood
Watch should monitor NOAA Weather Radio and other news outlets for
updates to this situation. Be prepared to quickly evacuate should
a Flash Flood Warning be issued.
Colusa CA-Yolo CA-Sutter CA-Solano CA-Plumas CA-Alpine CA-Placer CA-
Shasta CA-Lassen CA-Amador CA-Tuolumne CA-Sacramento CA-Lake CA-
Stanislaus CA-San Joaquin CA-El Dorado CA-Calaveras CA-Tehama CA-
Butte CA-Glenn CA-Sierra CA-Yuba CA-Nevada CA-
912 AM PST TUE FEB 21 2017
...A FLOOD WARNING FOR URBAN AREAS AND SMALL STREAMS REMAINS IN
EFFECT UNTIL 400 PM PST THURSDAY FOR COLUSA...YOLO...SUTTER...
Officials have reported that Clear Creek out of Whiskeytown Dam in
Shasta County will exceed the safe channel capacity and will flood.
Downstream locations impacted includes the Environmental School and
other residents in low lying areas near the creek.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
LAT...LON 3725 12146 3810 12157 3808 12230 3832 12206
3884 12229 3867 12262 3907 12309 3950 12306
3955 12288 4033 12307 4058 12269 4117 12246
4118 12250 4118 12133 4059 12132 3835 11963
3776 11988 3780 12018 3713 12122
242 PM PST TUE FEB 21 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Yolo Bypass Near Lisbon.
* At 2:15 PM Tuesday the stage was 22.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast to rise to near 23.0 FT tomorrow morning then forecast to
fluctuate near 22.5 FT thru Thursday afternoon.
* Flood stage 19.0 ft
* Monitor stage 13.0 ft
* Impact...Near 22.5 feet, Kerney Ranch house floods.
* Impact...Near 19.0 feet, Mound Farms and Senator Outing Duck Club
* Impact...Near 16.0 feet, Glide In Ranch is completely flooded.
* Impact...Near 15.0 feet, County Road 155 is flooded west of the
Golden Sprig Duck Club.
* Impact...Near 14.0 feet, Skyrakers Duck Club ponds begin to flood.
* Impact...Near 13.0 feet, Flood waters extend approximately 1 mile
west of the tow drain downstream of the Lisbon gage.
* Impact...Near 12.0 feet, County Road 107 is flooded.
* Impact...Near 11.0 feet, Glide In Ranch & Mound Farms begin to
* Impact...Near 10.5 feet, Local roads on the east side of the Yolo
Bypass south of the I-80 causeway are flooded.
* Impact...Near 9.5 feet, Yolo Bypass flooding extends 1/4 mile west.
No structural damage is occurring.
LAT...LON 3878 12176 3879 12156 3854 12156 3820 12164