« View county listFire Weather Watch
Siskiyou County from the Cascade Mountains East and South to Mt
250 PM PDT Sat Jul 22 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH
MONDAY EVENING FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING WITH DRY FUELS FOR
THE PORTION OF FIRE WEATHER ZONE 284 IN MODOC COUNTY...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect from Monday morning through Monday
* Impacts: Lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to
fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could
be overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: In Northeast CA....the eastern portion of Fire
Weather Zone 284 in northwest Modoc County.
* Counties affected: In Northeast CA...the northwest portion of
* Thunderstorms: Scattered thunderstorms with lightning
activity level of 3. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is
expected with these storms.
* One less spark, one less wildfire.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.