« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon-
304 AM PDT Fri Mar 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO
11 AM PDT SATURDAY ABOVE 7000 FEET...
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory above 7000 feet for snow, which is in effect
from 11 AM this morning to 11 AM PDT Saturday.
* LOCATIONS...Southern Sierra Nevada above 7000 feet from
Yosemite National Park to Kings Canyon National Park.
* HAZARD TYPES...Reduced visibility in snow. Snow accumulating on
trees and power lines.
* ACCUMULATIONS...Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches above 7000
feet with local amounts up to 12 inches over higher elevations.
Snow level lowering to around 6000 feet by Saturday morning
with a 1 to 3 inches accumulation possible.
* TIMING...Snow beginning Friday morning, becoming heavy at times
Friday afternoon and evening, then diminishing snow showers into
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions with reduced visibility
and blowing snow. Possible power outages.
* WINDS...Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving.