« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northeast Prince William Sound-
Including the cities of...Valdez...Thompson Pass
350 AM AKST Tue Feb 28 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR BLOWING SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT
UNTIL 6 PM AKST THIS EVENING THROUGH THOMPSON PASS...
* LOCATION...Thompson Pass.
* VISIBILITY...Reduced to one half mile or less at times.
* WIND...North wind 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* TIMING...Strong winds will continue through the day today. While
winds will remain strong past the afternoon hours, lack of
falling snow will mitigate the longevity of the blowing snow
* IMPACTS...Travel may be difficult. Visibilities will be
limited in falling and blowing snow.
A winter weather advisory for blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to strong winds blowing snow
around. Use caution when traveling... especially in open areas.