« View county listHydrologic Statement
406 AM EDT Wed Apr 18 2018
Forecast information for
Congaree River At Columbia.
* At 3 AM Wednesday the stage was 9.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
* Advisory stage is 10.0 feet
* Forecast...The river will fluctuate near 10 feet this morning.
* At 10.0 feet...Flooding occurs in flood prone areas near and
downstream from Columbia. Flooding also occurs on parts of the
Cayce and West Columbia river walk.
LAT...LON 3404 8106 3396 8100 3394 8106 3401 8111
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Including the cities of Lincolnton, Thomson, Martinez, Evans,
Augusta, Hephzibah, Waynesboro, Lancaster, Elgin, Lancaster Mill,
Cheraw, Pageland, Mccormick, Newberry, Winnsboro,
Winnsboro Mills, Camden, Lugoff, Edgefield, Johnston, Saluda,
Ridge Spring, Seven Oaks, West Columbia, Cayce, Lexington,
Red Bank, Oak Grove, Columbia, Bishopville, Aiken, North Augusta,
Sumter, Barnwell, Williston, Blackville, Orangeburg, Brookdale,
St. Matthews, Manning, Summerton, Bamberg, and Denmark
443 AM EDT Thu Apr 19 2018
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT THIS
* WINDS...West 15 to 20 knots with gusts up to 30 knots.
* TIMING...Through early Thursday evening.
* IMPACTS...Winds will produce rough chop on area lakes. Small
craft will be especially prone to capsizing.
A Lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.