« View county listFire Weather Watch
Guadalupe Mountains-Southeast Plains-Gaines-
Van Horn and Highway 54 Corridor-
Reeves County and Upper Trans Pecos-Davis/Apache Mountains Area-
817 PM CST Thu Feb 23 2017 /717 PM MST Thu Feb 23 2017/
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS NOW IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING
THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING FOR RELATIVE HUMIDITY OF 15% OR LESS, 20
FOOT WINDS OF 20 MPH OR MORE, AND HIGH TO EXTREME FIRE DANGER...
* WIND: West to northwest 20 to 25 mph.
* TEMPERATURES: Around 5 degrees above normal.
* HUMIDITY: 5 to 10 percent.
* FIRE DANGER: High to very high.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... This is a very dangerous
fire weather situation. Strong winds and very low relative
humidities combined with above normal temperatures will create
weather conditions favorable for the multiple occurrence of large