« View county listFlood Warning
Broadwater MT-Madison MT-Jefferson MT-Gallatin MT-
1046 AM MDT TUE MAY 22 2018
...A FLOOD WARNING FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 145 AM MDT
MONDAY FOR SOUTH CENTRAL BROADWATER...NORTHERN MADISON...SOUTHEASTERN
JEFFERSON AND NORTHWESTERN GALLATIN COUNTIES...
* Ongoing snowmelt will allow a continued rise along the Jefferson
River through the upcoming weekend. Any shower or thunderstorm
that develops over the next few days will add to the
* Those with interests on or near the river, including those
planning to be on the river this Memorial Day weekend, are
encouraged to continue monitoring the level of the river as any
showers or thunderstorms that occur may cause a faster rise than
what is currently forecast. Even in areas where the river is not
flooding, the water will be moving faster than normal.
* Point forecast for the Jefferson River near Three Forks.
* At 10:00 AM Tuesday, the stage was near 8.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring...and moderate flooding is
* Forecast...Continue to rise to near 8.9 feet by Monday morning.
* Impacts...At 8.5 feet, county roads and bridges and some homes
around Three Forks may be impacted by flood waters.
* Some locations along or near the Jefferson River that may
experience flooding include...
Three Forks, Trident, Willow Creek, Cardwell, Lewis And Clark
Caverns State Park and Missouri Headwaters State Park.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall may lead to additional flooding
in areas further away from the Jefferson River.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
LAT...LON 4594 11144 4582 11160 4578 11167 4577 11176
4579 11186 4584 11197 4588 11195 4585 11187
4583 11177 4586 11168 4591 11162 4597 11149
151 PM MDT Tue May 22 2018
...FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FOR CLARK FORK RIVER NEAR PLAINS...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Clark Fork River near Plains in northwest Montana.
* Until further notice.
* The river is forecast to reach flood stage by middle part of the
work week and steadily climb throughout the week. Minor flood
stage is 16.0 feet.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
LAT...LON 4735 11486 4740 11494 4749 11515 4752 11532
4757 11546 4767 11523 4760 11493 4742 11463
4735 11467 4730 11472