« View county listFlood Warning
Chickasaw MS-Calhoun MS-Pontotoc MS-Union MS-Itawamba MS-Lee MS-
Tippah MS-Benton MS-Tishomingo MS-Prentiss MS-Alcorn MS-
1128 AM CST THU FEB 22 2018
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Northern Chickasaw County in northeastern Mississippi...
Central Calhoun County in northeastern Mississippi...
Pontotoc County in northeastern Mississippi...
Union County in northeastern Mississippi...
Northern Itawamba County in northeastern Mississippi...
Lee County in northeastern Mississippi...
Southern Tippah County in northeastern Mississippi...
Southeastern Benton County in northeastern Mississippi...
Tishomingo County in northeastern Mississippi...
Prentiss County in northeastern Mississippi...
Alcorn County in northeastern Mississippi...
* Until 530 PM CST Thursday
* At 1125 AM CST, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated
that heavy rain was falling over the area. The heavy rain is
causing flooding. Three to five inches of rain has already fallen
and an additional one to two inches can be expected over the next
1 to 2 hours.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Tupelo, Corinth, Booneville, New Albany, Pontotoc, Ripley, Fulton,
Houston, Baldwyn, Iuka, Verona, Okolona, J P Coleman State Park,
Trace State Park, Tombigbee State Park, Tishomingo State Park,
Saltillo, Guntown, Belmont and Bruce.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
LAT...LON 3373 8948 3415 8924 3458 8925 3499 8860
3499 8820 3487 8810 3446 8816 3409 8860
3409 8872 3395 8873
125 PM CST Thu Feb 22 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Town Creek at Tupelo
* until Friday February 23.
* At 12 PM Thursday the stage was 22.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring AND Minor flooding is forecast.
* Maximum forecast stage of 22.5 feet on Thursday February 22.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* The river rose above flood stage Thursday February 22 and will
continue rising to near 22.5 feet by Thursday February 22.
* At 23.0 feet...Low lying areas are flooding and businesses near the
creek may need to take flood precautions
LAT...LON 3445 8884 3445 8862 3410 8861 3410 8867