« View county listIce Storm Warning
Northern Cook/Northern Lake-Southern Cook/North Shore-
Including the cities of Isabella and Grand Marais
711 PM CDT Tue Apr 25 2017
...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT
* LOCATIONS...The eastern half of the Minnesota Arrowhead,
including the Grand Portage and Grand Marais areas.
* TIMING...Rain will change to freezing rain this evening,
possibly mixing with sleet at times, and continue through at
least early Wednesday afternoon. The worst conditions will be
late tonight through Wednesday morning.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...around one quarter of an inch, and up to
three quarters of an inch.
* WINDS...North-northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* TEMPERATURES...Beginning in the lower 30s and dropping to the
upper 20s overnight. There will be little if any warming
during the day Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Ice covered roadways will become treacherous and
impassable. Widespread power outages are likely due to the
weight of the ice and snow on tree limbs and power lines. The
outages could last for days in some areas.
An Ice Storm Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Significant amounts of ice accumulations
will make travel dangerous or impossible. Travel is strongly
discouraged. Commerce will likely be severely impacted. If you
must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency. Ice accumulations and winds will
likely lead to snapped power lines and falling tree branches that
add to the danger.