« View county listFire Weather Warning
1048 AM CDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR
EXTREME GRASSLAND FIRE DANGER FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 033...049...
051...052...053...068...069...070...071...072 AND 083...
The National Weather Service In Wichita has issued a Red Flag
Warning for extreme grassland fire danger...which is in effect
until 11 PM CDT this evening.
* Extreme Grassland Fire Danger...is forecast.
* Winds...south 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative Humidity...as low as 38 percent.
* Impacts...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly
and become very difficult to control. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this fire weather product.
Including the cities of Lincoln, Sylvan Grove, Salina, McPherson,
Newton, Kingman, Derby, Haysville, Bel Aire, Park City,
Valley Center, Wichita, Anthony, Harper, Attica, and Wellington
249 AM CDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 11 PM CDT THIS
The National Weather Service In Wichita has issued a Wind
Advisory...which is in effect from noon today to 11 PM CDT this
* Winds...south 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...winds will increase by this afternoon, and potentially
be the strongest during the early evening hours.
* Impacts...high profile vehicles prone to the strong wind gusts
should use extra caution, especially on east-west oriented roads and
A wind advisory means that sustained winds of at least 30 mph
and/or wind gusts over 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong
can make driving difficult...especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.