« View county listFlood Advisory
857 PM CST WED JAN 18 2017
The Flood Advisory continues for
The Illinois River at Ottawa
* Until Monday Afternoon.
* At 830 PM Wednesday the stage was 461.5 feet.
* Action stage is 461.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 463.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall to near 460.6 feet
Thursday afternoon then rise to near 462.3 feet by Saturday
* Impact...At 462.4 feet...Allen Park entrance threatened and West
boat ramp is submerged.
LAT...LON 4135 8868 4137 8896 4128 8897 4127 8867
837 PM CST WED JAN 18 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at La Salle.
* Until Sunday Evening.
* At 745 PM Wednesday the stage was 20.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall to near 18.0 feet by
Friday morning...then rise to near 20.6 feet by Saturday eevening.
The river will fall below flood stage Sunday afternoon.
* Impact...At 21.0 feet...Low lying agricultural areas from 6 miles
upstream to 12 miles downstream are flooded.
LAT...LON 4137 8896 4135 8929 4126 8930 4128 8896
$$Special Weather Statement
WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE IL-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-DUPAGE-COOK-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROCKFORD...BELVIDERE...WOODSTOCK...
308 AM CST Thu Jan 19 2017 /408 AM EST Thu Jan 19 2017/
...Moderate to heavy rain will result in renewed rises on area
streams and rivers and could produce localized flooding...
Rain is expected to overspread northern Illinois and northwest
Indiana starting late this afternoon and evening and continue
through the overnight hours. Widespread amounts of a half to three
quarters of an inch of rainfall are expected, with locally higher
totals possible in locations that experience thunderstorms. Frozen
subsoil conditions will promote rapid runoff and many rivers and
streams are already elevated due to recent precipitation. Renewed
rises on areas streams and rivers are expected, and other low
lying areas prone to flooding may also experience high water.
Motorists are urged to be alert for the possibility of water on