« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Eureka, Pekin, Havana, Beardstown,
Winchester, and Jacksonville
1100 AM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH 7 AM CDT MONDAY
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Illinois and west central Illinois,
including the following areas, in central Illinois, Mason,
Tazewell, and Woodford. In west central Illinois, Cass,
Morgan, and Scott.
* Through 7 AM CDT Monday morning
* Periods of heavy rainfall are expected through Sunday night. By
Monday morning, a large area of 3.5 to 5 inches of rain is
expected along and east of the Illinois River, with locally
heavier amounts possible. At the current time...the heaviest
rain is expected this afternoon into Sunday morning.
* In addition to potential flooding of streets and roads in
flood prone areas, area rivers and streams are also likely to
experience flooding. This would persist for several days after
the rain ends.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION
especially if driving. Never drive across a flooded roadway. You
should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
936 PM CDT FRI APR 28 2017
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Illinois River at Meredosia
* From Monday morning until further notice.
* At 8:30 PM Friday the stage was 14.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage Monday morning
and continue to rise to near 25.8 feet Friday evening.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: At 26.0 feet...Damage begins to buildings in Meredosia.
* Impact: At 25.7 feet...Cemetary Road begins flooding west of Old
* Impact: At 25.4 feet...Flood Fighting begins at Little Creek Lake
* Impact: At 25.0 feet...Smith Lake Road is flooded south of
* Impact: At 24.7 feet...County Roads 1625E and 1675E begin to flood
northwest of Meredosia.
* Impact: At 24.0 feet...Kochs Lane east of Shady Acres begins
* Impact: At 23.0 feet...Flood fighting activities begin at Big Swan
Lake and Dam.
* Impact: At 22.4 feet...Meredosia Lake Road overtopped.
* Impact: At 22.2 feet...Low roads in Florence overtopped.
* Impact: At 22.0 feet...Cargill Company in Florence begins flood
fighting activities. Also, unloading operations are shut down at
the Ameren power plant.
* Impact: At 21.0 feet...Chambers Road south of Naples floods at
Mauvaise Terre Creek near this level.
* Impact: At 20.0 feet...Beach Road just north of Shady Acres floods
near this height.
* Impact: At 18.0 feet...City of Meredosia plugs storm sewer outlets.
* Impact: At 17.4 feet...Meredosia boat dock floods.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 04/29 04/30 05/01 05/02 05/03
Meredosia 17.0 14.20 14.1 14.4 17.0 19.8 22.2
LAT...LON 3988 9063 3988 9051 3977 9053 3977 9067
937 PM CDT Fri Apr 28 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at Beardstown.
* Until further notice.
* At 845 PM Friday the stage was 15.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 28.5 feet by
early Sunday morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact...At 28.0 feet...Portions of Route 100 are closed due to
floodwaters. When down, the BNSF railroad bridge across the
Illinois River acts as dam. Big Lake levee is overtopped.
Fld Observed Forecast 6 AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Sat Sun Mon
Beardstown 14 15.7 Fri 9 PM 16.1 19.0 21.7
LAT...LON 4018 9023 4012 9017 4008 9037 3999 9046
3999 9058 4015 9043