« View county listFlood Advisory
942 AM CST FRI NOV 27 2015
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a
* Flood Advisory for
The Des Plaines River near Des Plaines.
* until Saturday evening.
* At 845 AM Friday the stage was 13.0 feet.
* Action stage is 13.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Recent activity...Gage datum was changed by 10 feet on Nov 14 2014.
Flood thresholds and flood impacts are now 10 feet higher than
* Forecast...The river will rise to near 13.6 feet by early Saturday.
LAT...LON 4212 8794 4196 8790 4196 8780 4212 8784
$$Lakeshore Flood Advisory
LAKE IL-COOK-LAKE IN-PORTER-
232 PM CST FRI NOV 27 2015
...LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM CST THIS
STRONG NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO AROUND 40 MPH THIS
AFTERNOON ARE SUPPORTING WAVES OF 8 TO 12 FT WITH OCCASIONAL
WAVES UP TO 15 FT ACROSS THE SOUTH END OF THE LAKE. WHEN COMBINED
WITH THE ABOVE AVERAGE LAKE LEVELS...MINOR FLOODING IS EXPECTED IN
THE TYPICALLY FLOOD PRONE AREAS ALONG THE IMMEDIATE LAKE FRONT.
WAVES WILL SLOWLY SUBSIDE TONIGHT.
A LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY INDICATES THAT ONSHORE WINDS WILL
GENERATE FLOODING OF LOW AREAS ALONG THE LAKESHORE.