« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northwest San Juan Mountains-Southwest San Juan Mountains-
419 AM MDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MDT
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Telluride, Ouray, Lake City, Silverton,
Rico, and Hesperus.
* TIMING...Snow is expected to begin this morning and will
continue through Friday morning. The highest snowfall rates are
expected this afternoon through this evening.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...5 to 10 inches, with locally greater
accumulations up to 12 inches above 10,000 feet.
* SNOW LEVEL...Initially around 9000 feet, dropping down to 8000
feet this afternoon, before lowering further to 7000 feet early
* WINDS...Southwest 20 to 30 mph, shifting to the north-northwest
late this evening into Friday morning, with gusts up to 45 mph.
* IMPACTS...Roads will become slick and snowpacked. Additionally,
visibilities will be reduced in snow and blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while