« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Medford, Neillsville, Alma, Arcadia,
Whitehall, Black River Falls, La Crosse, Sparta, and Tomah
1000 PM CST Thu Feb 23 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST
* Mostly rain late this evening will transition to a wintry mix
or snow around midnight and then diminish Friday night.
* The heaviest snowfall rates will occur between midnight and 6 PM
Friday. Some thundersnow is also possible tonight into Friday
* Total snow accumulations of 7 to 12 inches and ice
accumulations of a light icing are expected.
* Winds gusting as high as 40 mph will likely cause some blowing
and drifting snow, especially in open unsheltered areas and on
bluff tops. Look for significant reductions in visibility at
* Plan on difficult travel conditions, including during the
morning and evening commutes on Friday.
A winter storm warning means significant amounts of snow...sleet
and ice are expected. Strong winds are also possible. This will
make travel very hazardous or impossible. The latest road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.