« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-Western Uinta Mountains-
Including the cities of Alta, Brighton, and Mirror Lake Highway
331 AM MDT Thu Sep 21 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO NOON MDT FRIDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...The Wasatch Mountains south of Interstate 80
and the Uinta Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...4 to 8 inches, primarily above 7500 feet.
* TIMING...Snow will begin this evening, with the heaviest
snowfall expected tonight, before becoming more showery through
the day Friday.
* SNOW LEVELS...Starting around 9000 to 10000 feet this
afternoon, dropping to 7000 feet by early Friday morning.
* IMPACTS...Road snow accumulation is expected above 7500 feet,
with the heaviest accumulation on high elevation seasonal
roadways. Hunters and those recreating outdoors should be
prepared for winter conditions.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snow accumulations
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial