« View county listWind Advisory
Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys-Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains-
West Central Utah-Southwest Utah-
Including the cities of Salt Lake City, Tooele, Wendover,
Snowville, Delta, Fillmore, Beaver, Cedar City, and Milford
1045 PM MST Mon Feb 20 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MST TUESDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...The western valleys of Utah including the Salt
Lake and Tooele Valleys.
* WINDS...South winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts in excess of 50
* TIMING...Winds will continue to strengthen overnight and remain
strong through the day Tuesday before diminishing Tuesday
* IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will affect east-west oriented
routes including I-80 across northwest Utah and Highway 50
across west central Utah.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
31 mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Western Uinta Mountains-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
and Mirror Lake Highway
1047 PM MST Mon Feb 20 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TUESDAY TO
11 AM MST WEDNESDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...The Wasatch and western Uinta Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 to 10 inches.
* TIMING...Snow will develop late Tuesday afternoon and become
heavy at times through Tuesday evening. This snow will taper
off Wednesday morning.
* SNOW LEVELS...At or above 8000 feet Tuesday falling below 6000
feet Tuesday night.
* WINDS...Strong southwest winds gusting in excess of 50 mph
along ridges will continue through Tuesday before becoming
westerly and diminishing Tuesday night.
* IMPACTS...Winter driving conditions are expected on mountain
routes late Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday night, including
Parleys Canyon and Logan Summit. Occasional winter driving
conditions will continue into Wednesday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snow accumulations
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial