« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Eastern Uinta Mountains-
326 PM MST Sun Feb 26 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 9 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from noon to
9 PM MST Monday.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Dutch John.
* TIMING...Snow is expected to begin on the southwest facing slopes
of the eastern Uintas around noon on Monday...then favor the
north facing slopes of the Uintas Monday evening.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...4 to 8 inches.
* WINDS...Southwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph becoming
northwest Monday evening.
* VISIBILITY...Less than a mile at times in moderate snow and
* IMPACTS...Moderate snowfall and strong winds will quickly create
hazardous driving conditions. Mountain roadways will be icy to
snowpacked at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while