« View county listFlood Warning
320 PM MDT MON MAY 29 2017
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Northeastern Cache County in northern Utah... Specifically for the
Logan River from its headwaters to the confluence with the Little
* Until 245 PM MDT Monday
* At 250 PM MDT, Rapid warming has led to significant snowmelt
causing the Logan River to rise substantially. This is expected to
cause minor flooding on the Logan River.
* The latest stage on the Logan River near Logan is 4.6 feet (1050
cfs) as of noon Monday, May 29.
* Flood stage is 5.0 feet (1372 cfs). The typical stage is
approximately 3.8 feet (500 cfs).
* The river is forecast to reach flood stage at 11 pm Tuesday night,
* The river is forecast to remain above flood stage until further
notice, at least through the first week of June. This warning
currently goes through Monday, June 5.
At 5.0 feet, minor flooding will impact the Birch Glen summer home
development in Logan Canyon. Additionally, various campgrounds
throughout Logan Canyon will receive flood damage.
Keep children and pets away from the Logan River. Water is running
fast and cold, and can sweep children and pets away.
Flooding is imminent. Campers and hikers should avoid areas near the
Logan River and nearby tributaries.
LAT...LON 4199 11150 4177 11160 4170 11188 4172 11188
4183 11162 4200 11161 4200 11151