« View county listWind Advisory
Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys-Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains-
West Central Utah-Southwest Utah-
Including the cities of Salt Lake City, Tooele, Wendover,
Snowville, Delta, Fillmore, Beaver, Cedar City, and Milford
556 PM MST Tue Feb 21 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MST THIS EVENING...
* AFFECTED AREA...The western valleys of Utah including the Salt
Lake and Tooele Valleys.
* WINDS...South winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts in excess of 50
mph ahead of a cold front across west central and southwest
Utah. Northwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph
behind the front across the Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys along
with northwest Utah.
* TIMING...Winds will remain strong into the early evening before
* IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will affect east-west oriented
routes including I-80 across northwest Utah and Highway 50
across west central Utah. Light weight and high profile
vehicles should use extra caution.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
31 mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Western Uinta Mountains-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
and Mirror Lake Highway
302 PM MST Tue Feb 21 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MST FRIDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...The Wasatch and Western Uinta Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...12 to 24 inches through Thursday night.
* TIMING...Snow will develop late this afternoon and become heavy
at times tonight. This snow will taper off Wednesday morning,
but will pick up again Wednesday afternoon, and continue at
times through Thursday before tapering off Thursday night.
* SNOW LEVELS...At or above 8000 feet this afternoon falling
below 6000 feet tonight.
* WINDS...Strong southwest winds gusting in excess of 50 mph along
ridges will continue through this afternoon before becoming
westerly and diminishing tonight.
* IMPACTS...Winter driving conditions can be expected along all
mountain routes at times beginning this evening, and continuing
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snow accumulations
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial