« View county listFire Weather Warning
Guadalupe Mountains-Van Horn and Highway 54 Corridor-
Reeves County and Upper Trans Pecos-Loving-
Davis/Apache Mountains Area-Marfa Plateau-Big Bend Area-
130 PM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017 /1230 PM MDT Sun Apr 30 2017/
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT /7 PM MDT/
THIS EVENING FOR DRY AND WINDY CONDITIONS ALONG AND WEST OF THE
PECOS RIVER IN WEST TEXAS...
* AFFECTED AREA...Locations along and west of the Pecos river in
* WIND...West 20 to 30 mph, and gusts to 45 mph.
* HUMIDITY...7 to 15%.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute
to dangerous fire behavior.
Van Horn and Highway 54 Corridor-Davis/Apache Mountains Area-
Including the cities of Van Horn, Alpine, Fort Davis, and Marfa
133 PM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017 /1233 PM MDT Sun Apr 30 2017/
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT /6 PM MDT/ THIS
* TIMING...Strong winds this afternoon.
* WINDS...West 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts...Motorists should exercise caution while driving in
the wind advisory area. Be alert to sudden gusts of wind which
may cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.