« View county listFlood Warning
940 AM CDT TUE JUL 28 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Osceola
* until Wednesday July 29.
* At 9 AM Tuesday the stage was 29.7 feet and falling.
* Minor flooding is occurring but the river should fall below flood
stage late on the 29th or early on 30th.
* Flood stage is 28.0 feet.
* At 30.0 feet...In Tennessee, The Reach-Coker Slough hunting camp is
flooded. Crawford Road West just north of Fort Pillow historic area
is going under water. Houses are flooding along Cold Creek Road.
Four Mile Road is flooding, and Champion Lake Road is being flooded
by Hatchie River backwater. Sunk Lake Road is flooded north of Bee
Lake. In Arkansas, Highway 120 is flooded between O'Donnell Bend
and the levee, and barge loading has to stop at Osceola.
LAT...LON 3582 8996 3582 8956 3560 8979 3539 8995
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SOUTHAVEN...OLIVE BRANCH...SENATOBIA...
344 AM CDT TUE JUL 28 2015
...HEAT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT WEDNESDAY...
* HEAT INDEX READINGS...BETWEEN 105 AND 110 DEGREES. OVERNIGHT
LOW TEMPERATURES FROM THE MIDDLE 70S TO LOWER 80S WILL PROVIDE
LITTLE RELIEF FOR THOSE WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING.
* TIMING...HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY BETWEEN 11 AM AND 8 PM.
UNCOMFORTABLY WARM AND HUMID THROUGH THE REST OF THE PERIOD.
* IMPACTS...INCREASED RISK OF HEAT-RELATED ILLNESSES INCLUDING
HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE PROPER
A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS
EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY
WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE
POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED
ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN...AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND