« View county listFire Weather Warning
428 AM CST Tue Feb 28 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 9 PM CST
THIS EVENING FOR WINDY CONDITIONS... WARM TEMPERATURES AND LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR PORTIONS OF WESTERN OKLAHOMA AND WESTERN
* TIMING...Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* WIND...Southwest at 30 to 45 mph, with gusts 45 TO 55 mph.
* HUMIDITY...10 to 20 percent.
* TEMPERATURE...Mid 70s to low 80s.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* OTHER IMPACTS... A wind shift will move across the area
Tuesday evening into Tuesday night with northwest winds 15-25
mph and higher gusts. This could cause problems for any
ongoing firefighting efforts.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Including the cities of Alva, Woodward, Seiling, Vici, Taloga,
Leedey, Weatherford, Clinton, Elk City, Sayre, Cordell,
Burns Flat, Sentinel, Hollis, Mangum, Granite, Altus, Quanah,
Crowell, Munday, and Knox City
411 AM CST Tue Feb 28 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM CST
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 11 AM this morning to 7 PM CST
* TIMING...Late this morning through the afternoon.
* WINDS...Southwest 35 MPH gusting to 40 to 45 MPH.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.