« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
South Central Oregon Cascades-
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades-
Including the cities of Crater Lake, Crescent Lake,
and Diamond Lake
130 AM PST Tue Feb 28 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST THIS
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect until 10 AM PST
* Snow accumulations: 4 to 8 inches, heaviest north of Highway
* Timing: Snow, heavy at times, will continue this morning.
Snowfall rates of an inch per hour are possible through dawn.
Snow will diminish mid to late morning.
* Locations include: Highways 62 above Union Creek, highways 230
and 138 in the vicinity of Crater Lake and Diamond Lake, and
highway 140 over the Cascades including Lake of the Woods.
Interstate 5 over Siskiyou Summit is NOT included as snowfall is
expected to be only an inch or two.
* Impacts: Travel will be difficult with snow packed and slippery
roads and visibilities down to one half mile at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.gov/Medford/Cams for latest road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.