« View county listFire Weather Warning
Klamath Basin and the Fremont-Winema National Forest-
South Central Oregon Desert including the BLM Land in Eastern
Lake and Western Harney Counties-
1053 PM PDT Tue Jul 25 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 11 PM PDT WEDNESDAY
FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING AND DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 624
A Red Flag Warning continues for abundant lightning and dry fuels,
which is in effect from 11 AM to 11 PM PDT Wednesday.
* Impacts: Lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to
fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could
be overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: In South Central OR...all of Fire Weather Zones
624 and 625.
* Counties affected: In South Central OR...Extreme western
* Thunderstorms: Scattered thunderstorms with lightning
activity level of 3. Lightning activity level of 4 is
possible in the higher terrain areas. Wetting rains will
occur with some storms but there will be strikes outside of
* Timing: Scattered thunderstorms will persist through
Wednesday evening...peaking in strength and coverage during
the afternoons and evenings.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. Scattered
thunderstorms combined with dry fuels create conditions where
many fire starts may occur in a short period of time.
$$Fire Weather Watch
Deschutes National Forest - minus Sisters Ranger District-
947 PM PDT Tue Jul 25 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING AND GUSTY
OUTFLOW WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 611...
...RED FLAG WARNING WILL EXPIRE AT 10 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR
ABUNDANT LIGHTNING AND GUSTY OUTFLOW WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE
* AFFECTED AREA...In ORZ611...Fire weather zone 611.
* TIMING...Thunderstorms that developed earlier this afternoon and
evening have dissipated and the Red Flag Warning will expire at
10 PM this evening. Scattered thunderstorms will develop again
Wednesday afternoon and evening. A few storms may also continue
through early Thursday morning.
* LIGHTNING ACTIVITY...3 meaning thunderstorms are few with
light to moderate rain.
* PRECIPITATION...Most storms will bring one tenth to one
quarter of an inch of rain.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.