« View county listFlood Warning
405 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The North Fork Red River near Headrick.
* from this afternoon to Monday morning...or until the warning is
* At 3:00 AM Sunday the stage was 12.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast...The North Fork Red River will rise above flood stage
early Sunday afternoon and crest near 15.0 feet Sunday evening. The
North Fork Red River will fall below flood stage early Monday
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Flooding or isolation of agricultural lands
and rural roads occurs in Kiowa...Jackson...and Tillman counties.
Upstream points in Kiowa County may see flooding several hours
before the crest reaches the Headrick area. The flood crest reaches
downstream points near Tipton much later. Flood depths approach 1
foot over some areas along the river.
LAT...LON 3471 9921 3481 9917 3486 9912 3468 9902
3454 9911 3458 9924
Including the cities of Buffalo, Laverne, Alva, Shattuck, Arnett,
Gage, Fargo, Woodward, Fairview, Cheyenne, Hammon, Seiling, Vici,
Taloga, Leedey, Weatherford, Clinton, Watonga, Geary, Okeene,
Elk City, Sayre, Cordell, Burns Flat, Sentinel, Anadarko, Hinton,
Hollis, Mangum, Granite, Hobart, Snyder, Altus, Frederick,
Lawton, Duncan, Walters, Temple, Waurika, Ringling, Ryan, Quanah,
Crowell, Vernon, Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, Munday, Knox City,
Seymour, Archer City, Holliday, Lakeside City, Scotland,
332 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM CDT THIS
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM CDT this
* TIMING...This afternoon and early evening.
* WINDS...Northwest winds 30 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 50 mph.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.