« View county listFlood Warning
233 PM CDT TUE MAY 24 2016
...Flood Warning extended until Thursday morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Red River near Burkburnett.
* until Thursday morning...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 1:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Forecast...The Red River will briefly fall before rising again and
cresting near 10.3 feet Wednesday evening. The Red River will fall
below flood stage early Thursday morning.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet...Crop and range lands...oil fields...and
rural roads are affected. Some low-lying areas near the river may
be isolated by high water in side channels. Areas along the river
near Davidson Oklahoma begin to flood several hours before the
crest approaches the Burkburnett area. The flood crest reaches the
area along the river near Taylor Oklahoma several hours later.
Cattle and other property should be relocated to places which are 1
foot higher than nearby river banks to avoid being stranded.
LAT...LON 3414 9895 3430 9895 3418 9854 3419 9805
3406 9815 3402 9859