« View county listFire Weather Warning
335 PM CST Mon Feb 27 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 9 PM CST TUESDAY FOR
FOR WINDY CONDITIONS... WARM TEMPERATURES AND LOW RELATIVE
HUMIDITY FOR WESTERN OKLAHOMA AND WESTERN NORTH TEXAS...
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from noon to 9 PM CST Tuesday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* TIMING...Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* WIND...Southwest at 25 to 35 mph, with gusts to 50 mph.
* HUMIDITY...10 to 20 percent.
* TEMPERATURE...Mid 70s to low 80s.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* OTHER IMPACTS... A wind shift will move across the area Tuesday
evening into Tuesday night with northwest winds 15-25 mph and
higher gusts. This could cause problems to any ongoing
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.