« View county listHigh Wind Warning
Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River-
Southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet-
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains-Central Highlands-
Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-Northeast Highlands-Union County-
458 PM MST Fri Nov 17 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST SATURDAY...
* LOCATION...The Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Central and Northeast
Highlands, Raton Ridge, Johnson Mesa and Union County.
* WINDS...West 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph, becoming
* TIMING...High winds will continue to be a threat well into the
night, diminishing before daybreak.
* VISIBILITY...No significant restrictions, but visibilities may
briefly drop between 3 and 5 miles in blowing dust.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will make travel difficult
along north to south oriented roadways and exposed areas on
ridge tops. Damage to trees, power lines, light weight
objects, and weakened structures is possible from these winds.
Snow over the Sangre de Cristo mountains could accumulate a
couple of inches overnight above 8500 feet, with blowing snow
reducing the visibility to under 1 mile at times.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.