« View county listFire Weather Warning
Eastern Lassen County-Western Nevada Sierra Front-
West Central Nevada Basin and Range-Northern Washoe County-
Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties-
352 AM PDT Mon Jun 26 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
11 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE
SIERRA FRONT...EASTERN LASSEN COUNTY...AND PORTIONS OF WEST
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 278 Eastern Lassen County, Fire Zone
450 Western Nevada Sierra Front, Fire Zone 453 West Central
Nevada Basin and Range, Fire Zone 458 Northern Washoe County
and Fire Zone 459 Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties.
* WINDS...Southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* HUMIDITY...6 to 14 percent.
* IMPACTS...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
907 AM PDT THU JUN 22 2017
The National Weather Service in Reno has extended the
* Flood Advisory for...
Rain and Snowmelt in...
North central Pershing County in west central Nevada...
* Until 945 AM PDT Thursday
* The Lower Humboldt River above Rye Patch Reservoir remains above
flood stage (minor flooding).
* The river level at Imlay was near 10.7 feet on June 22. The river
is expected to slowly fall but remain above the flood stage of
10.3 feet for the next week or so.
* Minor flooding of the Tungsten Road south of the river between the
river and the Pit Taylor Canal is expected. Some minor lowland
flooding is also possible near the river from the Humboldt County
line to Rye Patch Reservoir.
A Flood Advisory means river flows are elevated. Use caution on
rural roads near the river that may be impacted by high flows.
LAT...LON 4085 11797 4079 11801 4069 11806 4067 11813
4067 11822 4069 11825 4072 11809 4085 11805
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake-
345 AM PDT Mon Jun 26 2017
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON
TO 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* Lakes Affected: Pyramid, Lahontan and Rye Patch.
* Winds: West 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Gusts could
reach 40 mph on Lahontan Reservoir after 4 pm.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.