« View county listFlood Warning
401 AM PST WED FEB 22 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Humboldt River At Comus.
* until further notice.
* At 3:15 AM Wednesday the stage was 11.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to a stage of 10.8 feet
by early tomorrow.
* Impact...at 11.0 feet...Moderate to major lowland flooding
throughout reach. Many rural roads near river flooded. Minor to
moderate flooding in lower portions of winnemucca. Main area
impacted is between uprr and golconda street on west and second
street on the east, beneath i80. 3800 cfs, about a 14 year flood, 7
percent chance any year. Similar to floods of June 1921 and april
LAT...LON 4103 11702 4070 11705 4090 11762 4087 11800 4118 11795
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Humboldt County-White Pine County-
224 PM PST Wed Feb 22 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Dusting to 1 inch.
* TIMING...Snowfall is currently tapering off with expiration of
advisory at 4 pm likely.
* WINDS...West winds of 15 to 20 mph. Localized gusts to 30 mph
will be possible during the afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Expect slick travel, especially across passes and
* For a detailed view of the hazard area, visit
A winter weather advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. For the
latest road conditions call 511 or visit http://www.nvroads.com.