« View county listFire Weather Warning
Eastern Panhandle/Crescent Lake NWR-Frenchman Basin-
1007 AM MST Mon Nov 20 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THIS AFTERNOON FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 204 AND
The National Weather Service in North Platte has issued a Red
Flag Warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in
effect until 5 PM MST this afternoon.
* Affected Area...In NEZ204...Fire Weather Zone 204 Eastern
Panhandle/Crescent Lake NWR. In NEZ210...Fire Weather Zone 210
* Winds...West 10 to 20 MPH with gusts to 25 MPH.
* Relative Humidity...10 to 15 percent across the southeast
Panhandle and far southwestern Nebraska.
* Timing...Late morning through mid afternoon.
* Impacts...Extreme rates of fire spread are possible. Outdoor
burning is not advised.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.