« View county listFlood Advisory
HALL NE-HAMILTON NE-MERRICK NE-
1012 PM CDT TUE MAY 26 2015
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HASTINGS HAS ISSUED A
* FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...
EAST CENTRAL HALL COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL NEBRASKA...
CENTRAL HAMILTON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL NEBRASKA...
SOUTHWESTERN MERRICK COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEBRASKA...
* UNTIL 1015 PM CDT WEDNESDAY
* AT 1011 PM CDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED HEAVY RAIN CAUSING
MINOR FLOODING ALONG THE PLATTE RIVER.
* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...
PHILLIPS AND MARQUETTE.
DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE INTO AREAS WHERE THE WATER COVERS THE
ROADWAY. THE WATER DEPTH MAY BE TOO GREAT TO ALLOW YOUR CAR TO CROSS
SAFELY. MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND.
LAT...LON 4114 9783 4077 9834 4083 9839 4120 9783
1034 AM CDT TUE MAY 26 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
The Platte River Near Kearney.
* At 9:15 AM Tuesday the stage was 6.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Forecast...Minor flooding will continue through the rest of this
week and will likely continue into next week as well. A slowly
receding water level is forecast during this period, but it is
important to remember that this forecast is based on water which is
already in the Platte River basin. Changes to the forecast water
level will be possible should substantial rainfall be realized
across the basin through south central or western Nebraska at
anytime this week or next.
* At 6.0 feet...Minor flooding of rural lowlands occur.
LAT...LON 4069 9925 4083 9839 4079 9833 4065 9889