« View county listFire Weather Warning
Middle Rio Grande Valley-East Central Plains-
252 PM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM MDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Red Flag
Warning...which is in effect from noon to 7 PM MDT Friday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* AREA AND TIMING...Middle Rio Grande valley and east central
plains of New Mexico Friday afternoon through early evening.
* 20 FOOT WINDS...20 to 25 mph with occasional gusts of 35 to 40
mph. Stronger winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts as high as 50
mph will be possible in portions of the east central plains.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...12 to 15 percent by late afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Red Flag Warning.
Lower Rio Grande Valley-Sandia/Manzano Mountains-Estancia Valley-
Central Highlands-South Central Highlands-Upper Tularosa Valley-
Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa-Far Northeast Highlands-
Northeast Highlands-Harding County-Eastern San Miguel County-
Guadalupe County-De Baca County-Chaves County Plains-
Eastern Lincoln County-
411 PM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM MDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon to 7 PM MDT Friday.
* LOCATION...Northeast, East Central and South Central Highlands;
Lower Rio Grande, Upper Tularosa and Estancia Valleys; Sandia
and Manzano Mountains; Eastern Lincoln County; Chaves, De Baca,
San Miguel and Harding Counties; and Raton Ridge.
* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts near 50 mph
* TIMING...Winds will strengthen early Friday afternoon, then peak
in strength during mid to late afternoon, before weakening
through early evening.
* VISIBILITY...locally reduced in dust prone locations.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Unsecured, lightweight objects may become
airborne. Cross winds will pose difficult driving conditions,
especially for high profile vehicles on northwest-to-southeast
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.