« View county listFlood Warning
945 PM EDT Thu Sep 20 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
The Contentnea Creek Near Hookerton.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9 PM Thursday the stage was 18.8 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to a stage of 18.1 feet
by Saturday morning.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Water floods some homes along Water Street
in Grifton, as well as some businesses just to the east of the
bridge on HWY 118. Water surrounds homes in Tick Bite. HWY 123 just
north of the bridge in Hookerton floods. Water threatens homes on
Loop Road and Four Way Road between Snow Hill and Hookerton, as
well as further upstream in northwest Greene County.
LAT...LON 3550 7766 3543 7745 3535 7740 3534 7745 3545 7774 3559 7782
3558 7781 3561 7777