« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
224 PM MDT Thu Sep 21 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO MIDNIGHT MDT FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE
* Locations: For portions of Southwest MT that are above 5500
feet...including Bozeman Pass...Monida Pass...Raynolds
Pass...Homestake Pass...West Yellowstone and Big Sky.
* Timing: A mix of light rain and snow this afternoon will change
to all snow this evening for elevations above 5500 feet.
Periods of snow are then expected later tonight through Friday.
* Accumulations: Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches are
expected for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Winds: Northeast 10 to 20 mph...with gusts near 30 mph.
* Visibilities: Visibilities will be reduced to less than one mile
at times in falling and blowing snow.
* Snow Level: 5500 feet.
* Impacts: The snow could create snow covered roads...produce
scattered power outages...and some minor tree damage.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while