« View county listFlash Flood Watch
MIAMI-LINN KS-RANDOLPH-HOWARD-CASS-JOHNSON MO-PETTIS-COOPER-BATES-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PAOLA...MOUND CITY...MOBERLY...
557 AM CDT THU OCT 2 2014
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR
* PORTIONS OF EAST CENTRAL KANSAS AND MISSOURI...INCLUDING THE
FOLLOWING AREAS...IN EAST CENTRAL KANSAS...LINN KS AND MIAMI.
MO...PETTIS AND RANDOLPH.
* THROUGH THIS EVENING
* THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR A FEW ADDITIONAL ROUNDS OF THUNDERSTORMS
TODAY. TOTAL RAINFALL MAY EXCEED 2 TO 3 INCHES IN LOCALIZED AREAS
WHICH MAY CAUSE AREAS OF FLASH FLOODING.
* FLASH FLOODING IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATCH AREA. SIGNIFICANT
PONDING OF WATER IN URBAN AREAS IS ALSO POSSIBLE. SMALL STREAMS MAY
RISE ABOVE THEIR BANKS AND CAUSE FLOODING OF LOW LYING AREAS
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD
TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION
SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.
855 AM CDT THU OCT 2 2014
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill Mo has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The South Grand River at Urich.
* from this afternoon to late Saturday night.
* At 8:15 AM Thursday the stage was 13.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 24.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by this afternoon and continue to
rise to near 27.6 feet by early Friday morning. The river will fall
below flood stage by Saturday morning.
* At 24.0 feet...Flooding occurs across locations within 0.5 to 1.5
miles of the river. Areas affected include low lying pastures along
with cropland and secondary roads.
Location FS Stage Day/Time Forecast
South Grand River
Urich 24 13.0 Thu 08 AM 27.6 early Friday morning
LAT...LON 3849 9426 3847 9400 3837 9380 3832 9382 3843 9425